Ok, now that you've discovered the world of cloth diapers, let us look at the most common questions that parents have in adopting cloth diapers.
1. How are Bumpadum cloth diapers different from traditional cloth nappies/langots tied around the baby’s bottom?
There is a world of difference between Bumpadum cloth diapers and traditional cloth nappies/langots.
- Bumpadum cloth diapers are waterproof and do not create a mess when peed/pooped in. Each diaper holds for about 3 - 4 hours during day time without any leaks. This means it can be used both at home and when outside during shopping and traveling!
- Bumpadum Duet/Fitted diapers can be used overnight for most babies without any additional insert. If your child is a heavy wetter, an additional booster insert placed below the nighttime/daytime insert will keep your baby dry overnight.
- Bumpadum cloth diapers keep your baby’s skin dry. The baby does not feel any wetness or discomfort.
- Bumpadum cloth diapers come in attractive and fashionable prints and can be color or print co-ordinated with baby’s outfit.
2. Will my baby be comfortable in Bumpadum cloth diapers? Will he feel wet in cloth?
Your baby will be absolutely comfortable in Bumpadum cloth diapers. The fabric which touches your baby’s bottom is called micro fleece and doesn't let any wetness remain on the skin. All liquids are quickly absorbed by this layer and the surface remains dry to the touch.
3. How do Bumpadum diapers compare with disposable diapers?
Bumpadum diapers have most of the pros of disposable diapers, with none of the cons.
Bumpadum diapers are waterproof and keep the baby dry, just like disposable diapers. Bumpadum diapers last for 3 - 4 hours during day time, just like disposable diapers.
The biggest difference is that once used, Bumpadum diapers would be washed and reused, whereas a disposable diaper would find its way to a landfill, adding to the garbage woes of the world. Yes, there is some effort involved in washing the diapers, but the effort is negligible when compared to the savings provided by Bumpadum cloth diapers - both economical and environmental.
Click here to know more about cloth diaper laundry.
4. How many sizes do Bumpadum cloth diapers come in?
Bumpadum cloth diapers come in two sizes, the Duet/Fitted one-size (OS) diapers which fit from 5 - 15 kgs and the Neo newborn diaper which babies from 3-7 kgs. In terms of age, our OS diapers fit most babies from 3 months - 3 years, while the Neo diapers fit from 0-3 months. Just modify the height setting in the front rows of snaps and the waist circumference in the side rows of snaps to change from small to medium to large size.
5. Can I use Bumpadum cloth diapers with my newborn?
Yes! Our Neo Newborn diapers are made for use from 3-7 kgs and are ideal for newborn babies. They are All-in-One diapers and you can buy them here.
6. How long can I use Bumpadum cloth diapers?
Bumpadum cloth diapers can be used more than 100 times over your baby's diapering years. If maintained well and used gently, each diaper can be used for more than one baby.
7. Why do Bumpadum cloth diapers cost so much?
Every piece of garment has some utility value and some aesthetic value. Bumpadum cloth diapers have a very high utility value. After all, you rely on them to keep all mess contained and keep baby comfortable, don't you? You wouldn't want to be embarrassed when someone else is carrying your baby and the diaper leaks, getting them all wet. And they have to last at least 150 rigorous washes.
At Bumpadum, we use high quality fabric to achieve this high performance. A lot of labour is also involved in producing each diaper. When compared to regular items of kids clothing such as a dress/t-shirt/pants, Bumpadum cloth diapers need 4-5 times as much spending on fabric and labour. This itself should warrant prices much higher than what you would pay for a well-made piece of kids clothing.
Or to give another comparison, how much would you pay for a high quality, well-made, soft and comfortable piece of women's undergarment? Definitely more than what a Bumpadum cloth diaper costs. And that's without even expecting the undergarment to last 150 rigorous washes.
And finally, Bumpadum cloth diapers are meant to last anywhere between 100-150 washes, depending on how you take care of them. Equivalent disposable diaper usage for 2-3 years would set you back by more than double what you would spend on Bumpadum cloth diapers.
At Bumpadum, we strive to bring high-quality cloth diapers to you at the most economical price. Since we do our marketing and retailing in house, we are able to cut out any middlemen which would otherwise result in you paying higher prices for our products.
8. Where can I order Bumpadum cloth diapers?
We are currently selling our diapers through our website www.bumpadum.com and through Amazon.in.
9. The print I like is out of stock on your website. How can I get it?
We will have frequent restockings, so check back in a few weeks if your favourite prints are out of stock. Join our Facebook customer group Bumpadum Circle to get restocking updates.
10. What are your payment options?
We have tied up with CCAvenue as our payment gateway. You will be able to pay securely using debit/credit cards and net banking for banks within India. We do not accept international credit cards at this point.
11. How much does shipping cost? Where in the world do you ship to?
Shipping is free for all orders above Rs. 999. For orders of lower value, your shipping cost will depend on the weight of your order and how far you are located from Bangalore.
We currently offer shipping only within India. We are working on shipping to more countries in the future.
12. How long will it take for my order to reach me?
In most cases, your order should reach you in about 2-6 days after it is placed. We will inform you if there is a delay for any reason.
13. What do I do if there are any defects in my diaper?
Contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org along with photos of the defect.
14. What do I do once I receive my diapers? Can I use them immediately? What is ‘prepping’ a diaper?
Our inserts need to be washed 3-4 times to before first use and continue to become more absorbent until 10 washes. They can be used for night time after 5-6 washes for the night time duet insert and 10 washes for the daytime duet insert. The shell needs to be washed just once before use. Wash along with a regular load of clothes or by itself with a little detergent. Let the diaper dry at least 90% before washing it again. This process of preparing a diaper before use is called ‘prepping’.
15. How do I care for my Bumpadum cloth diapers?
Wash your used diapers at least once in 2 days. We do not recommend storing used diapers for longer periods, since that will weaken the fabric and lead to more wear and tear over time. After washing ensure that your diapers are fully clean and have no remnant pee or detergent.
Click here for more guidelines on washing your diapers.
16. I LOVE Bumpadum cloth diapers. How do I show my appreciation?
Thank you! We would love it if you could spread the word among your friends and relatives. We welcome you to write reviews and/or share pictures on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/bumpadum and Instagram account www.instagram.com/bumpadum. You can also email us your reviews and we will include it in the customer review section on our website.
17. Why was Bumpadum started? Who runs this company?
Bumpadum is run by it's founder Anuradha Rao. Click here to read why she started the company.